A cookie is a small text file that is placed on to the device of the user when they visit the Company’s website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes the cookie and allows recognition of the device of the user and store some information about their preferences or past actions. Cookies can make the next visit of the user much easier and the website experience more meaningful for them. Cookies cannot access any other information on the computer of the user.
We use the following 2 types of cookies:
· Persistent / Permanent cookies: Persistent cookies help in recognizing an existing user, so that it is easier for the user to return to the Company’s website without signing in again. After signing in, the persistent cookies stay on the browser of the user and will be read when they return on to the Company’s website. These remain on the computer/device of the user for a pre-defined period of time.
· Session cookies: Session cookies only last for as long as the session exists (they get erased when the user closes the browser).
· Preferences: Cookies allow the Company’s website to remember information about the user that changes the way the site behaves or looks, such as the preferred language or the region that the user resides in. Remembering the preferences of the user enables the Company to personalise and display advertisements and other contents for the user.
· Security / optimisation: Cookies allow the Company to maintain security by authenticating users, preventing fraudulent use of login credentials and protecting user data from unauthorized parties. The Company may use certain types of cookies which assist in blocking many types of attacks, such as attempts to steal content from the user information forms present on the website.
· Processing: Cookies enable the website to work efficiently. Basis such cookies, the Company is able to deliver services that a website visitor expects, like navigating around web pages or accessing secure areas of the website.
· Communication: The Company may use information collected via cookies to communicate with the user, for sending newsletters, seeking opinion and feedback for providing improved and quality services.
The Company processes cookies with the explicit consent of the user wherein the cookies to be placed on the browser can be accepted by the user by clicking on the Allow Cookies or I Agree button. The Company seeks to renew the consent of each user every 12 months from the date of obtaining the previous consent.
The Company will perform quarterly review of the cookie scan report to ascertain the count of identified cookies along with unclassified cookies, which would be classified and assigned a purpose using manual intervention within 5 days of extraction of the report.
Most browsers allow the user to control cookies through their setting preferences. If the user wants to restrict or block the cookies that are set by the Company’s website, the user can do so through their browser settings.