Last Updated: April 11, 2022
Quinnox, Inc. (‘Quinnox’ or ‘we’ or ‘us’) respects individual privacy and values the confidence of its customers, and employees business partners/vendors. Quinnox collects, uses and discloses personal information in a manner consistent with the laws of the countries in which it does business. Quinnox also has a tradition of upholding the highest ethical standards in its business practices.
We have implemented industry-standard security safeguards designed to protect the personal information that you may provide. We also periodically monitor our system and Services for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, consistent with industry standards.
2. Collection of Personal Information
We collect information: (A) when you provide information to us through this website or the Services, (B) automatically by visiting and using this website or the Services, and (C) from third parties.
A. Information You Provide
Signup Information. If you signup to any services from Quinnox, then we will gather the contact information that you provide to us, such as your name, company name, address, phone number, and email address. We gather this information to communicate with you, to identify you as a customer, and to provide Services to you. Our payment processor will further gather payment processing information, such as credit card information, for processing payment for the goods and/or services that you select from us.
Contact Us or Support Request Information. When you submit a comment, question, or request support through the website or the Services, we will collect the information you submit to us with your comment, question, or support request. This information can include your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, the type of comment, question, or support request, and the content of your comment, question, or support request.
Data for Testing or Services. If you sign up for our Services, we will collect the data you submit to us in, for, and while using the Services, such as testing data. We will use this data to provide you with the Services, to protect and improve the Services, as well as in accordance with the agreement or terms of service applicable to those Services.
B. Information Collected Automatically
We collect information that electronic devices, web browsers, and servers often make available, such as an Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, date and time of access or use, unique electronic device identifiers, referring website, and language.
Based on your IP address we may determine your approximate location. We may collect and use this information to determine the number of website or service users from a geographic location.
C. From Third Parties
When you engage with our advertisements or content on third party websites or applications, the third party may provide us with information about you. For example, if you engage with an ad that we run on a third party website or application and you further enter contact information in connection with that ad, such as name, company, or email address, that contact information may be sent to us by the third party. Further, if we sponsor content on a third party website or application, and you provide information in connection with that sponsored content, that information may be sent to us by the third party.
When you attend an in-person or online event, such as a conference or webinar, that we host or sponsor, a third party may provide us information about you in connection with that event. For example if we host an event and use a third party to assist us in hosting the event, or if we sponsor an event hosted by a third party, the information you provide in connection with that event, such as your contact information or subjects of interest, may be sent to us by the third party that hosts or provides services in connection with that event.
We may receive data about you from a third party, such as a market research supplier, data marketing platform, advertiser, web publisher, other online service provider, or data broker, such as contact information and other information, such as demographic or interest information. The third party may have obtained information from you or your devices via cookies, pixels, and other technologies.
We may use information about you from third parties to deliver services to you that you request, for marketing, to contact you, to provide you with information you requested, or to provide you with information about our products or services.
3. How We Use Information
In addition to the uses explained in section 2 above, we use the information described above in section 2 for the purposes listed below:
- To provide you services, such as those you subscribe to through the website, to create and maintain your account, and to carry out the software testing you initiate in connection with our services, and in connection with your payments for services.
- To provide information you requested through the website or Services;
- To respond to comments or questions you submitted through the website or Services;
- To deliver or personalize communications to you, including regarding our products or services, where our products can be found, contests, prizes, promotions, coupons, or discounts;
- To maintain and improve our services, such as by providing new features and upgrades to our services, or monitoring use of our Services to develop improvements;
- To protect our Services and users, such as by detecting harassing, malicious, fraudulent, or illegal activity, detecting security incidents, complying with contractual and legal requirements, and protecting Quinnox’s and other’s property and rights;
- To solve problems with our services, such as by repairing, monitoring, and debugging;
- To evaluate or improve our existing or future products or services;
- To promote and market our products or services and to improve our marketing effectiveness, such as by advertising our products or services, targeting our marketing, analyzing the results of marketing campaigns; and,
- To monitor or improve our services or website or its use or the user experience at the website.
We may combine and synchronize information about you such as information that your or your device transmits, information that you actively submit, and information that we obtain from third parties
4. Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
For those in the European Union, the legal grounds for processing information about you under the EU data protection laws are based on:
- the information use is necessary to fulfill our obligations to you under an agreement or terms of service, such as to provide you with Services that you subscribed to or to process payments for a paid service;
- the information use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation;
- the information use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or,
- you have given us consent;
5. How We Share Information
We do not sell private information you submit to us through this website or the Services. We may share information with others as described in this policy.
We share information with third party vendors or service providers that need to know the information in order to provide their services to us or you. We share information with third party vendors or service providers that we use in order to provide you with our Services. This includes third party vendors or service providers that help us provide Services to you, deliver communications to you, process payments, assist in our marketing efforts, and/or improve our website, products, and/or Services.
We share website and Services usage information with Google, such as in connection with our use of Google Analytics. And Google may collect information about your activities on our website or Services and other websites across the internet and across time.
We may disclose information about you in response to a court order, a subpoena, a legal or regulatory requirement, or other government request.
We may disclose information about you if we believe the disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect persons, property, our rights, or the rights of others, such as in the case of an emergency or an apparent imminent physical safety risk.
We may disclose information in connection with the reorganization of our business or the sale, merger, or acquisition of our business or its assets, in whole or in part. We may also disclose information in the unlikely event of us going out of business or entering bankruptcy, such as to an acquiring entity.
We may disclose information when you provide us your consent or permission to do so.
We may disclose information that has been aggregated or de-identified so that the information cannot reasonably be used to identify you. For example, we may disclose aggregate statistics about how our website or services are used.
6. How Long We Keep Information
Generally, we will delete information when it is not needed for the purpose(s) that we collect it or use it and if we are not required by law to retain it.
We take reasonable steps to secure your information against unauthorized use, access, disclosure, modification, or destruction, but no online service is completely secure.
You have choices when it comes to the information about you, including the following.
You can choose not to provide information, such as information requested in forms or fields on the website or Services. However, if you do not provide certain information then certain services or features may not be available to you. For example, if you do not provide us with your email address, you may not be able to use our services and we may not be able to send you future communications. If you do not provide us with payment information, you will not be able to access our fee-based services.
If you have already signed up to receive marketing communication from us, you can opt-out of receiving future marketing or promotional communications by following the opt-out or unsubscribe options in those marketing or promotional communications. If you have already subscribed to our Services, you can let your subscription expire.
We do not follow “do not track” signals and settings or similar from web browsers or other software. Yet, you can set your browser to warn you regarding cookies or to refuse or delete cookies. Cookie handling instructions may vary depending on the browser you are using. Refusing or deleting cookies may prevent the website or Services or certain features of the website or Services from functioning properly, for which Quinnox will not be responsible.
As explained above, Google provides options for opting out of certain use of data by Google Analytics. To learn more about how to opt-out in connection with Google Analytics here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
9. Your Rights
If you are located in certain geographic areas, such as California or countries that are within the scope of the European General Data Protections Regulations (GDPR), you may have certain rights concerning your personal information.
A. European General Data Protections Regulations (GDPR)
If you are located in a country that is within the scope of the GDPR, the GDPR provides you rights concerning your personal information, subject to any legal limitations, including rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request that we rectify your personal data that is inaccurate;
- Request to delete your personal data;
- Request that we restrict the processing of your personal data;
- Request portability of your personal data;
- Object to certain processing of your personal data;
- Lodge a complaint to a governmental supervisory authority;
- Withdraw your consent if previously provided, and such withdraw will not affect the processing based on consent occurring before the withdrawal.
B. California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018(CCPA)
The CCPA requires that we provide additional information to California residents, such as the categories of personal information we collect. In the last 12 months, we collected the following categories of personal information from California residents:
- Identifiers such as your name, contact information, online identifiers, and device identifiers.
- Commercial information, such as billing information, or products or services purchased or used.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as your use of our services, or actions you take within our services.
- Geolocation data, such as your geographic location associated with your IP address.
- Professional or employment-related information, such as your company or organization and the associated email address.
Further information about the information we collect is provided above in the Information We Collect section. The categories of sources of personal information are explained above in the Information We Collect section. The business or commercial purposes for collecting and using the personal information are further provided above in the How We Use Information section. The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information are further provided above in the How We Share Information section.
The CCPA provides California residents certain rights, subject to any exclusions provided by law, such as the right to:
- Request to know the categories of personal information we have collected; the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected; the business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing personal information; the categories of third parties to whom the business discloses personal information; and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected;
- Opt-out of the sale of personal information;
- Request that we delete personal information;
- That we not discriminate against you based on you exercising rights under the CCPA.
You may contact us to make a request under the CCPA as provided in the Contact Us section below. In making a request under the CCPA, we will verify your identity. For example, if you have an account with us, you will need to contact us from the email address we have on file with your account. An authorized agents can make a request under the CCPA on your behalf.
10. Information Transfers
If you are located outside of the United States, when you access the Services from within the European Union, your information may be transferred, stored, or access outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) by Quinnox or its third-party data processors for the purposes described in the How We Use Information section above. We take steps to ensure the third-party data processors that receive your information outside of the EEA protect your information according to this policy.
11. External Links
Our website and the Services are designed for a general audience and are not directed to children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 16. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Identifiable Information from a child under the age of 16, we will promptly delete the information from our records. If the parent/guardian of the child believes that a child under the age of 16 may have provided us with personal information, that parent/guardian may contact us.
13. Changes to this Policy
We may change this policy from time to time. The date of last update to this policy is provided at the top of this policy. If we make changes, will notify you by posting the updated policy on this website. The changes will be effective when posted to this website. We may also provide you with additional notice, such as by providing a notice on our website homepage or through the Services or by emailing you notice if we have your email address.
14. Contact Us
Attn: Data Protection Officer
1 S. Wacker Dr. Suite 3150,
Chicago, IL, 60606, USA